Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wedding schtuffs...

My babe got me the exact ring that I wanted. Awesomeness :)
All of the great detail-y pictures of the ring have yet to be sent to me....so that sucks. When I finally get them, i'll be sure to post a few 



THE WEDDING THEME

I had a hard time with this one. I've always imagined I would be married in springtime, so having my signature color (lime green) in my wedding would have been easy as pie. Things didn't quite go how i'd been planning it in my head since I was 6 so I had to do a bit or re-arranging. I fiddled around with color combinations for a while trying to fit my green in somewhere with fall colors. I'm not a fan of orange or rust...yellow would have been to spring-y, hate squash yellow. Purple was off limits (this has been bestie's wedding color since forever)

Unfortunately.....purple is the only "fall-ish" color that I honestly like. So then came the combination ideas...

Purple and Lime Green? - MrFiance says this would make us look like the joker. After googling..
I had to agree

So then I went for fave color #2...gunmetal grey. Thought I had a winner with Purple, Silver and Gunmetal until I saw THIS brilliance....

This changed everything. I love that kind of style but had no earthly idea what it was called or how to center my wedding around it. After a lot of Googling and a run-in with a quiz in the Brides magazine, I realized the idea I was going for was called "Modern Romantic"

If I ever find that quiz i'll be sure to post it.

So that theme really threw silver and gunmetal out of the mix. I've settled on a Plum & Damask wedding :)

This is the start of a little random theme collage i'm working on. It features my dress style (Lace + Mermaid = Sexy wedding awesomeness) and the cake that I want. I don't want to go toooooo Damask/Baroque crazy so i'm trying to keep it to accents only. This means no Damask bridesmaid dresses or shoes. No damask ties on the groom or groomsmen. No damask chair covers or sashes. Most importantly, no damask on my dress. I want to keep the theme without it looking foolish and overdone. The plan is to do purple damask tablecloths with black skirts. Damask on the cake (somewhere) and the stationery will also match the theme. Thats about it. Definitely don't want to go overboard.





No comments:

Post a Comment