As you may know, I love all things crafty. I make some of my own jewelry, I love makeup, cake decorating, and all other kinds of hands-on stuff you can learn to do at
Michaels or
Hobby Lobby. So far, most of those things (ok....all) i've learned to do from books, but mostly good 'ol
Youtube. It started with beading, then makeup. I took a cake deco class, but honestly probably learned more on youtube. [Check out my favorite cake youtuber
SeriousCakes] So, of course, I plan on being educated on my newest obsession via YT as well.
My current endeavor is to learn to crochet. What inspired me was seeing my sister-in-law's AWESOME multi-colored winter hat (complete with ultra long sides that you can use as a scarf). It absolutely blew my mind and I immediately wanted to figure out how to make one of my own (cuz I know she aint uppin it...lol). Since its almost August, I figure i've got about 4 months before i'll actually have to wear a hat like that, which means I have 4 months to master the art of crochet.
 |
| smexy crochet top |
I've already started my research on how much this is gonna cost me and whatnot. Hopefully, it won't hurt my pocket too much. I never realized quite how many of the things I love are crocheted. I'll never pay $7.99 for a crochet hat again! Here I was thinkin I was gettin a deal at the beauty supply store. I figure I'll start small and work my way up to socks and then maybe small blankets (obviously, gotta get my hat done) and eventually i'll work my way up to the super nice stuff like this crochet top(right)
Better than that to me are these fantabulously adorable little crocheted cupcakes (above, slowbunny). OMG I need to get to learning, because I need these little cuties in my life! So, needless to say, I've decided this is how i'll be spending my free time now (when i'm not working on the blog, or baking, or doing someone's makeup).
I'm so excited! ^_^
---Cookies
i love crafty people =) ive taken up so many crafts its not even funny! those little cute cupcakes would be so fun to make! ahh i love it! hope you have fun with your new craft =)
ReplyDelete