I get this question almost every time i'm out. Sometimes people won't ask but simply stare at it as if they and my right eye are having some kind of intimate conversation that my left eye isn't in on. Annoying. I figured eventually i'd have some of my followers ask me about it (a few on YouTube already have.) Might as well address it, right?
What I was told is that when I was a baby (well, fetus) that my right eye didn't develop correctly. No, I can't see out of it. Its really not a big deal at all. I learned to deal with having less vision than almost everyone else and to adapt. I do all the things a normal 20something would do. See? No biggie.
As for the ignorant people who decide its a fun thing to make fun of.....who cares? Obviously, when I was a kid these people REALLY got to me and made me a little mean, but over time that wore off. As i've gotten older the stupid people aren't as vocal about their stupidity (cuz i'm not dumb, I see that look on your face jerk). Lol. Its whatever.
I really love my eyes! They really set me apart and make me different. Its great now because a lot of times I have people tell me how beautiful they think it is which is a real ego boost :-) The fun part is, since my eyes are 2 diff shapes I can see how certain makeup looks on different eye shapes without having to work on someone else. Saves a lot of time.
Maybe one of these days i'll do some actual research on my "condition" or call up my optometrist and ask a few questions.
--Cookies
No comments:
Post a Comment